Recipe from The Art of French Pastry
Makes: 220 grams/ 1 cup
150 grams dark chocolate (couverture 64% if possible)
25 grams soft butter
10 grams honey
1/2 vanilla bean
130 grams heavy cream (35% fat)
1. If the chocolate is in a form block cut in equal pieces about 1/2 inch size. Place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave it for 30 seconds on 50 percent power.
2. Mix butter and honey together. Keep it aside.
In a heavy bottom sauce pan heat the heavy cream with scraped vanilla bean seeds and the bean itself on medium heat. Bring to a boil and remove the beans.
3. Immediately pour over chocolate and cover it with a plastic wrap for one minute. Slowly start mixing it from center using rubber spatula. Mix until smooth.
4. Check the temperature. Between 100.4° F to 104° F add the butter mixture using a whisk.
5. Pour in a bowl and lay a plastic wrap directly on top. Cover with another plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
Storage: In refrigerator for up to a week and freezer for a month.