Hi I am Suchi, a self-taught baker/cook, a caffeinated book reader. This blog will be my odyssey as I get wind of my camera, discover new food and travel the world. It will mainly feature desserts recipes from simple to mosaic and different breads. Recipes which I discover from different food cultures, mixing them up with some spices and experimenting like some mad scientist for some unique combinations. A random cookbook review if I find it very useful, is something totally different and unusual.
Currently I am in the United States (Detroiter moving to NYC) but I grew up in India amongst people who spoke different languages with different traditions and customs. Always fascinated by culture and food, I like go deep into the roots of the recipes googling every small details from origin to the authentic way it is supposed to be made. I am a voracious reader, literally anything anytime and I love traveling with itinerary revolving around food places and bakeries. My current passion is photography. Recently taken up running which I truly enjoy and feels addicted to.
I would like to say thanks to Anupa one of my very best friend for making me do this and going through every small details specially racking her brain for a really good name. Also my cousin Viral for handling technical side of the blog.
Random facts about me:
- I never snooze alarm
- I turn to cleaning lady when I am angry or just do not want to talk to anyone
- I hate brussel sprouts, just hate them.
- I love visiting bakery in new places I travel, have my google map is full of it.
- I am a coffee, tea and dark chocolate snob.
- I can listen to same songs for weeks or months.
- I absolutely hate hot weather, anything above 75 degree F, fall is my favorite time of the year.
- I collect bookmarks, I have close to 800 currently.
- I love to eat breakfast for dinner.
- Jigsaw puzzles is my jam.
My current addiction includes trying ginger beer of all kinds, yup non alcoholic kind weird but I am still very found of cocktails!
- Now into craft cocktails.
- I love Viennoiserie, anything from brioche to crossiants (probably my last meal).
- Give me a good Samosa and you can pretty much make me do anything.
- Coming to real food, wood burning oven pizza, Thai and Italian tops the list.
- Comfort food includes very traditional western Indian dish called Dal Dhokli and Undhiyo.